Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Easter from Cincinnati


I hope you all had a fantastic Easter! I really enjoyed mine. :) This ward is great. We had a nice young couple feed us dinner. they actually let Zoye come join last minute too. It was her first time celebrating Easter! How crazy is that? We gave her some eggs that Sister andrson's parents sent her and a "Finding Faith in Christ" DVD. haha. good stuff. We also had one of our investigators invite us over for dinner. Luckily she is old and couldn't tell we didn't eat. haha. Lucky me :) She gave us left overs so we went and gave them to a member who was spending the holiday allow in his small apartment. We dropped it off thinking that he would know it was us but we got a text like 20 minutes later that said thank you. Dang it! haha. :)
But yeah. That was my Easter :) The rest of the week was great also. We found people to teach and we finally got some one to church! It was such a great feeling to have someone at church again! I am so blessed to have the opportunity to help others come unto Christ!
Being a missionary is awesome and I love the support that I have. The mission is obviously not easy but I love EVERY second of it! I work my butt off every day and come home and almost cry because I am so happy to see my bed. And yet I wake up every day excited to see what it had in store for me, to see what way I am going to bless someone that day. It is incredible. Even though it is hard, I just remember to "Press on!" Which I read is like the slogan of the Human race. Remember to Persevere. Success has a price and if we don't pay that price, we will pay the price of failure.
I love you and hope you all have a great week!
love
Sister Leslie Shaw :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment