Tuesday, July 22, 2014

11 months!!!

This week has been a great week. I have learned so much just this week. I think I have grown closer to my Heavenly Father this week than my entire mission/life. And the best part of it all, I grew closer because of my weaknesses. 
So this week began and ended with me read Ether 12:27 that says 
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
I have been praying for many weeks to come closer to my Heavenly Father but after reading this scripture I asked Him to show me a weakness of mine. In the middle of the week I discovered a major weakness of mine that I have had my entire life. It was hard for me to accept at first but I humbled myself I realized that this would be a chance for me to help other people. I humbled myself more and turn to the Lord and asked for help to make this become something more, something better. As the week went on I noticed that each day it was become easier, better. I was just in general happier. Now as of today, I can say that I am the closest to my Heavenly Father than I have ever been. 
I know that I am a daughter of a king. A Heavenly king who loves me and I love him. I have promised in my covenants to stand as His witness and I will never move. I know that just like it says in Docrtine and Covenants 122:7 "that all these things shall give thee experience and shall be for thy good." I know that these things are true. I know that Joseph Smith and Thomas S. Monson are Prophets of God. I know that Jesus Christ lives and write all of these things in His name, even Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment