Monday, December 23, 2013

Miracles happen.....1st Baptism! !!

Wow. This has been a CRAZY week! I can't believe how fast it went by. Thank you mom and Abby for all the updates. I was very surprised! But about Christmas. I got your packages and I am so excited. I am just assuming I open them on Christmas and none on Christmas eve haha. I am glad Michael is home. I miss him so much. I am expecting a printed picture of all you guys in your Christmas pjs. And time to tell you about the phone call! Yes. it is just a phone call and it will be for a max of 35 minutes. I know. short. But that is what President Porter said and I love you but I am going to be exactly obedient so I can have miracles happen in the field. Sorry. but I will be calling you at about 730-8. Closer to 8 my time. So about 5 your time. I can't wait to talk with you. I love you all.
I have to tell you about this week though!
So. This has been a miracle week. On Tuesday I got to spend the day with one of my Sister Training Leaders. Her name is Sister Crosby. I love her. She is so sweet and encouraging. I have been struggling with feeling inadequate and feeling like I am a bad trainer but she has been encouraging me and telling me all the awesome things that I have been doing. So I loved Tuesday.
Wednesday was just normal. Trying o talk to people and mostly everyone ignoring us haha. It is funny. :)
Thursday was the best day ever! We had our Christmas Conference in Muncie, Indiana. A 2 hour drive. Sister Smith in the Centerville ward (right below us) drove with Sister Soefle (Her companion and one of the sisters I was in the MTC with) and Sister Hall and I. We had to be ready to go at 6 am. But it was so much fun. We got to have fun with other missionaries, learn what we can do to become better and lastly feel the spirit. The spirit was SO STRONG! It was so incredible. I am so blessed. I was sitting in the chapel and in the middle of this spiritual high I'll call it, I just had the thought that THIS IS TRUE! there is no way anyone can convince me otherwise. No one can make this up. No one can make me feel this way. this is the Holy Ghost. It was super cool. I get more and more converted everyday!
Friday we had 2 miracles. We were in weekly planning first when we got like 4-6 blank texts from a former investigator Zoey. She hadn't talked to missionaries in about year and she kept trying to send us texts. So I decided that I should call her. She asked if we had any activities going on and we told her about our baptism and she said that she would come. then later that day we were trying to contact a referral that the Elders gave us and they weren't home. So we decided to pray to see if we still needed to be the area and decided that we needed to stay. then we decided to go down a side street and knock around. I picked a house and no one answered. Sister Hall picked a house and a high school senior named Mike answered. We talked to him for about 15 minutes and he agreed to meet with us tonight at the church :) He also texted us last night and asked if he could bring a friend. We are so excited.
Saturday BRYCE GOT BATPIZED! It was so amazing. The spirit was so strong. He is so awesome. I am so happy. We helped someone. We changed his life forever. It is pretty cool because during his baptismal interview he told our district leader that Sister Hall and I inspired him and he is thinking about serving a mission in a year. so amazing! Miracles! Well zoey didn't come to the baptism so we called her and invited her to church.
Sunday BRYCE GOT CONFIRMED. it was insane. I thought it was never going to happen. He 5 MINUTES LATE TO SACRAMENT MEETING! I thought I was going to have a heart attack. But he did it. It was so cool. Zoey also came to church and we are meeting with her this week. then, that night, we got a call from a member and told us to go take a Book of Mormon to someone. Her name is Becky. She is so cute. She is in her 40s and she said that she is pretty much ready to convert. She is so golden. It is awesome.
As you can tell. I have had an AMAZING week! I am so lucky. miracles happen everyone! I love you all! Have merry Christmas!
Love,
Sister Shaw




No comments:

Post a Comment