Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Week 17!

Wow! 10 more days and I get to hear from you guys! that is crazy! :) Things are still going great here. yes I found my charger and Ill be sending lots of pictures this week :) haha. Well. It is still really really cold. everyone is saying that this is a bad winter but Rexburg was worse. It is funny because Sister Hall is from Idaho Falls and she wears more layers than I do and she is more cold. it is probably because she is skinnier than I am. but anyway. I did get the Christmas card. I laughed. It was really cute :)
We haven't gotten to use the nativity cut outs yet but I think we are going to use them on Christmas. Go to the families in the ward and see if they will let us read Luke 2 with them and have the kids play with them. Oh and a request from me... make sure that the missionaries have somewhere to be on Christmas. I really hope we don't have to tract because that would be hard so don't make them. Invite them over for something. They need to have lots of lessons on Christmas because we can only be somewhere for an hour at a time so yeah. Help your missionaries out. And if you see an Elder Guerrero take good care of him. His family is in my ward and they treat me sooooo awesome. They show me so much love and ask me many questions about Carlsbad haha. :)
Ok. Now onto my week:)
This week was AWESOME! hole cow I loved it. We are meeting the ward and making a lot of family mission plans which is awesome but the best part of all was zone conference and stake conference.
So zone conference was on Saturday morning. We went and Elder Perkins from the 70 talked to us and really helped us all figure out what we needed to do to become better missionaries. Holy cow I have ALOT to work on haha. but yeah. I had a really cool experience at zone conference. So Elder Perkins started it off and he said before I get started, I want all of you to write down a question that you want answered here today. So I wrote down how can I become a better trainer to Sister Hall? So he was talking and at the end he was like ok I really feel the need to say something and then he went on and talked about when he was training that he built his companion's faith. That hit me like a ton of bricks. That was my answer. I am with Sister Hall to help her build her faith. He went on to day that that story was for someone (ME!) and then President Porter talked to us right after and before he got started he said that what elder perkins talked about was for someone (ME!) I was trying so hard not to cry! then at the end of the conference, like it wasn't spiritual enough, Sister Perkins took all of the Sister's into the relief society room and had us write a Psalm. Wow. I couldn't believe how spiritual it was. I felt like I got hit by the spiritual train. My psalm is all over everything now. It is my person testimony of Jesus Christ, something that I will always hold dear.
Well to think that Saturday couldn't get any better... it did! :) I shook ELDER D. TODD CHRISTOFFERSON'S HAND! How cool is that?! We went to stake conference and were standing by the door and he walked in the door we happened to be sitting by :) It was so awesome. I didn't want to let go of his hand because the spirit hit me when I shook it. so awesome. I love being here on a mission. I am so blessed.
Well. Bryce's baptism is this weekend so please pray everyone that it will happen. Satan is really working on him but we are getting the YSA branch involved so in other words... he doesn't have a chance. :) But prayers would be nice. I can't believe he is getting baptized already. It is happening so fast! I wish you could all see his transformation over this last week. He is changing so much and it is so cool. I thank God everyday for letting me be apart of it.
Sorry this email is so long. I just had an AMAZING weekend. A weekend that I am never going to forget.
I love you
I hope you have a fantastic week.
I don't miss you!
Love
sister shaw
 Me and my old investigator Sherry in West Chester. :)
 Me and Mckell Belnap. She is so cute. She would come out with us all the time and her dad is in the stake presidency and her brother is on a mission in south America. Love their family!
 Transfers day! Us with our new companions
 This is Sister Hall, me, sister Webb, Sister Yokum, and Sister Floyd. sister Floyd was sister webbs trainer and this is sister webb and I with our trainees :) heritage line :) haha.
me SIster Webb and sister green, my old Sister training leader. :)
 Sister Jacobsen, Sister Soefle, Me, Sister Ollerton, and Sister chapa. MTC buddies. All but sister chapa are in my zone now! :) so happy! I love these sisters
 Elder Smith and I (Old camping buddies)

No comments:

Post a Comment